Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Consult the following resources for more assistance: Riverside County Superior Court and The Fair Housing Council of Riverside County, Inc.
A guide to residental tenants' and landlords' rights and responsibilities is available through the State of California... California Tenants
What types of lead-based paint services are being offered? Lead-based paint inspections conducted by state accredited inspectors, testing children for lead, providing information about lead paint, and hiring certified contractors to take care of lead paint problems.
Call (951) 358-5050 to see if you qualify for free, or low cost, lead paint inspections and hazard control service or visit Riverside County Office of Industrial Hygiene
Abandoned Vehicle. A vehicle is considered to be "abandoned" if it is unaccompanied on a highway, public property, or private property in an inoperable or neglected condition that the owner's intention to relinquish all further rights or interests in it may be reasonably concluded.
The Public is welcomed to attention, comments are limited to 3 minutes.
Applications are avaliable through the City Clerks Office.
In order to obtain a Business Tax Certificate, you must first complete the applicable Business Tax Certificate Form(s) and remit the appropriate fee. Upon receipt of the completed form(s) and fee, you will be scheduled for any required inspections. The required form(s) can be obtained online, or are available from the City of Banning Finance Department located at 99 E. Ramsey Street.
When completing your application, you must provide the following information (where applicable): State sales tax permit number, fictitious business name statement, federal employer identification number, State employer identification number and a description of the business.
Determine which form(s) are applicable to your business: Business Tax Certificate Forms
In order to obtain a Business Tax Certificate, you must submit the following items to the City between 1:00p.m. - 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday: 1) a completed Business Tax Certificate application 2) an 8 1/2" x 11" scaled & dimensioned floor plan (total square footage & proposed use) 3) payment of $60.50 made out to the City (cash or check only).
If the occupancy does not involve tenant improvements, contact the City Building Department within 10 days of submitting your application to schedule an on-site inspection. Once inspected and approved, an official Certificate of Occupancy will be mailed to you and will remain on file with the City.
1. The required number of fire exits in the building. The number of exits required is based upon the size of the building.
2. An existing fire extinguisher on the premises, the minimum size required is 2A10BC.
3. Are extension cords being used? If so, they are illegal and must removed.
4. Public access doors should be marked with a sign reading "This door is to remain unlocked during regular business hours."
5. Exit doors must have exit signs above them. The lettering is to be a minimum of 6" high.
6. Address numbers must be visible from the street. The numbers must be a minimum of 6” high and 1” wide.
7. Business must have a “Knox” box to assist with Fire Department access during non-business hours. If you do not currently have a Knox box on the front of your business, you must purchase and install one.
For more information, please contact the Fire Marshal.
1. There is to be one smoke detector installed in each bedroom.
2. If the ceiling height in the living room is more than 2 feet higher than the ceiling height in the hallway, there must be a smoke detector installed in the living room.
Security doors with a deadbolt need to be able to be opened from the inside without the use of a key.
Setbacks vary by zone, to confirm your zoning area and setbacks, please contact thePlanning Department at (951)922-3125.
View the Redevelopment 5-Year Plan.
Community Redevelopment Agency 99 E. Ramsey St. Banning, CA 92220 Telephone: (951) 922-3171
1. Completed application with all required information provided including State or Federal valid identification, Social Security Number, Date of Birth of all applicants.
2. Proof of ownership or authorization of tenancy. Please note – all names listed on these documents are required to be on the Utility Bill – all applicants are equally liable for all charges and fees.
a. Closing Escrow Statementb. Signed Rental/Lease Agreement must state what utilities tenant is responsible for paying ie: water, electric, trash, sewer….
3. Persons, firms and corporations conducting business within the service area of the City of Banning must have a current business license in order to establish service.
4. All New Service Establishment Fees MUST be paid at time of application submittal.
5. Deposits – based on credit history with City of Banning – MUST be paid at time of application submittal.
Deposits are based on credit worthiness and range from one (1) to three (3) times the average monthly bill.
Waiver of Deposits will be considered if a Letter of Credit from previous utility is provided stating the account had no more than one (1) late payment within the previous twelve (12) months or if you have had service in the City of Banning in the most previous twelve (12) months with no more than one (1) late payment and no non-honored payments.
6. Any other reasonable information the City of Banning may require to establish utility service.
If all requirements are met, services can be established the next business day.
Applicant Data Requirements City Ordinance 2012-61 Adopted by City Council July 24, 2012.
The following information must be provided to complete a request for disconnect by Online form or email: name, address, account number, date of birth, last four digits of the social security number, date of disconnect, and forwarding address. Click the adjacent link to access the Online Request Form. Utility Service Disconnection Request